Where we Came From
Having run a very successful on-line e-cigarette company for some years aimed mainly at people who just wanted to stop smoking, we started to feel the need for something more, something to put the fun into vaping over and above a simple choice of battery size or liquid flavour. We started to think about what we enjoyed the most with vaping, what we felt was missing with existing outlets and how to best help others on their vaping journey. After bouncing a few ideas around we kept coming back to the same thought – we wanted our own vaping lounge where people could come and enjoy themselves first and foremost, talk to others, relax over a coffee, learn more about vaping, and try & buy everything from starter kits to advanced mods, and a selection of the best imported juices available. So Prohibition Vapes was born.
Why “Prohibition Vapes”?
Over the last couple of years there has been a lot of discussion about whether vaping should be treated the same as smoking, or even banned. In some cities in the US vaping has been banned in ALL public places, so the only place you can indulge yourself with your personal vapouriser is in a dedicated store. During an idle conversation we were talking about what would happen if vaping were banned in the UK, and someone said “it would be like prohibition was, with the vaping equivalent of speakeasies”. So when we decided to set up our own vaping lounge the name and theme was easy. We are very pleased to bring you Prohibition Vapes. An excellent mix of relaxed surroundings, coffees, vaping and e cigarettes.
What can you expect at Prohibition Vapes?
We have based Prohibition vapes on what WE wanted to see and experience, then added the results of a large dose of market research covering over 1400 vapers on line. So right from the start we will offer:
- A massive range of kit ranging all the way from starter kits right up to mechanical and box mods of many types and brands, and loads of accessories.
- Great range of high quality liquids, that people can try out.
- A relaxed environment to hang out in with comfortable seating, our own signature brand coffee (and other drinks of course), music etc.
- Friendly, helpful and highly knowledgeable staff.
- A non-cliquey place, where beginners and people who use basic kit don’t feel excluded or any “less” than people who use all the latest and greatest mods.
- NO HARD SELL – if you want to come in just to hang out then you’re always welcome.
- Going forwards we hope to be offering informal workshops on things like wicking and coil building, safety talks, and sessions on getting the best from your equipment. Naturally we welcome any suggestions for additional things we can offer; we can’t promise we’ll do everything people ask for but we can promise to at least listen and consider ideas.
So come and visit us any time, everyone is welcome and we can assure you of a friendly reception